You may be receiving an error if the computer has a previous version on the CAD importer installed on the machine.
An example of an error message that may be received when trying to open a file using the CAD importer in Qualify:
Perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
1) Uninstall any previous Geomagic CAD importers including the current CAD importer from your computer.
XP: Start>Control Panel and click on Add/Remove Programs.
Vista: Start>Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
Windows 7: Start>Control Panel and click on Uninstall a Program.
2) Delete the folders C:\Program Files\Geomagic\Common\Plugins\import and C:\Program Files\Geomagic\Common\import.
3) Go to Start>Run and type in regedit.
4) Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>GEOMAGIC directory. Right click and delete the Plugins directory. WARNING: Be careful editing your registry!
5) Re-install the latest CAD importer. File Import Converters
6) There should now only be a C:\Program Files\Geomagic\Common\Plugins\import directory.
7) Try opening the file that previously failed. It should now open. If an error is still received, please see How do I fix the error "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library SpaBase.dll" when importing a model with the CAD Importer?
If you need addition assistance, please contact Geomagic Technical Support.